Keeping your home, and most importantly your family, safe begins with choosing the right exterior security doors and safety fences. A strong, well-made door and/or fence will keep intruders out – and give you peace of mind. But before you choose a door, there are 6 things you must know.
1. Security doors really do matter. Perhaps you think that installing a home security door or safety fence is too expensive. Unfortunately, the reality is that doors provide an important layer of protection. A determined criminal can easily breach a standard entry door, perhaps with nothing more than a well-placed kick. A quality door, however, will keep intruders where they belong – outside of your home and away from your family.
2. Security doors for homes come in a variety of styles. Whatever your home’s architectural style, you can find a door that will complement it. A security door doesn’t need to be ugly or utilitarian. Today, you can find attractive doors that will keep you safe and increase your home’s curb appeal.
3. Quality construction is critical. When shopping for a door, be sure to pay attention to how the door is made. The best doors are made of welded steel or wrought iron and include features such as one-way screws and welded hinges. Not all security doors for homes are created equal: in terms of aesthetics, how long they’ll last, and how much protection they’ll provide, quality construction is critical. https://www.kirnsecuredoors.com/
4. Don’t forget the lock. Buying a high-quality door is important. But you also want to make sure that your door has a quality lock. At a minimum, choose a strong, well-made deadbolt. If you’re looking for an additional layer of security for your home, consider features such as keyless entry or biometric locks.
5. Make sure the door is properly installed. To best serve their purpose, it’s important that doors for homes are correctly installed. A strong, well-made door may still fail to keep intruders out if it has been improperly installed. For the best results, work with a company that has expertise in installing residential doors. They’ll be able to correctly install the door frame and make sure the new security door fits securely in the frame. A secure fit is important; otherwise you’re making it easy for a burglar to pry open your door.
6. A security door is just the first step. A door is an important part of keeping your home safe. But you may also want to consider installing a security or safety fence as well. Fencing can be both attractive and keep unwanted visitors off your property. A safety fence company can help you choose a fence that meets your needs.